How To Start Snack business In Nigeria (sausage roll,fish roll,egg roll)Chin chin business is already showing ‘a green light’ that it is actually a worthy venture to engage in. It is a crunchy snack which is well-loved by many ranging from children, youth and adult. It is a kind of snack that is taken as an appetizer while waiting for the main food to come which can actually serve as food if plenty of it is taken with juice.
Chin chin is gotten from baking or frying a mixture of flour and other ingredients together to make a snack. In Nigeria, most birthday and weddings are not complete without chin chin.
Almost every supermarket, mall and shop displays chin chin in their different packages on their showcase. In this post you will see a step by step guide on how to start a successful chin chin business. In fact this post can be used as a guide to write chin chin business plan.
IN THIS POST YOU WILL SEE
- Why you should do chin chin business
- Cost of starting the business
- Profit in chin chin
- Equipments and materials needed
- Chin chin packaging
WHY YOU SHOULD START CHIN CHIN BUSINESS
- It has good profits potentials and can be started with a small amount. Chin chin business is also very easy to start and the stress in it can be managed. Go to a professional and learn how to produce tasty chin chin and you are good to start yours.
- There is a machine that can mix the flour and ingredients together. Chin chin cutter can be used too in case you don’t have the time to do the mixing and the cutting or you what to avoid the stress.
- You can cut the pasta into your desired sizes in a few minutes manually. Roll the dough on the table and use pizza cutter to cut and pieces them as you like.
- The demand for chin chin is very high, in fact, it is the most consumed after biscuit, and with that alone, there is a market for the business already.
HOW MUCH IS NEEDED FOR CHIN CHIN BUSINESS?
Chin chin business does not require too much money for a start. The amount of money to use depends on the kind of scale you want to operate. With #20,000 you can start the business on a small-scale. Then for a large-scale from #100,000 and above.
If you go to occasion especially wedding ceremony you will definitely be served with some.
MATERIALS/ EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR CHIN CHIN PRODUCTION
- Deep fryer for frying,
- long sieving spoon to remove the fried chin chin,
Hire Eno Johnson
Do you like our contents? you will definitively love our services. Reach out to us today and we’ll help you on content writing, copywriting, business plan, editing, proofreading mentoring and business management.Talk to Eno Johnson now!
Flour, milk, egg, sugar, salt, nut meg, margarine, flavour, water and oil.
CHIN CHIN PRODUCTION RECIPES
- Flour 4 cups or 400g
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Margarine 40g
- Nutmeg 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Egg 1
- Water bit by bit
- Flavour 1/2 tbsp
- Oil for frying just enough
- Sugar 5 tbsp
- In a large bowl pour in your sieved flour,
- Put baking powder, sugar and all other dry ingredients, mix them well,
- Add margarine and mix properly with your hands until it appears like (fine bread) crumbs.
- Pour eggs, milk (if liquid) mix thoroughly until you get smooth and hard dough.
- Place the dough on a flat surface or a table and carefully knead for a few minutes
- then roll the dough flat and cut into cube shape or any of your desired shape.
- Put your oil in the fire and heat until very hot,
- pour in the chin chin and fry until it becomes golden brown.
- Pack them into a sieve for the oil to drain,
- air it a little and package for sale or consumption.
PROFITABILITY IN CHIN CHIN BUSINESS
- Chin chin business is profitable in the sense that you are sure of 50% return on investment. There are ways you can increase profits in chin chin business. One of the ways to increase profit is by buying things in bulk. Here are some of the things you can buy in bulk: flour and sugar can be bought in bags, margarine can be bought in bucket example topper margarine.
- Another way is by baking the chin chin instead of frying them because frying them will consume a lot of oil so in other to be economical you use an oven to bake them.
- This is how to do it, spray oil on the pan you want to use and then pour the already prepared chin chin into the pan cover and bake it in the oven if you don’t have oven then you can use a very big pot just put stones in the pot and put the pan containing the chin chin to be baked inside on top of the stone, cover the pan with foil and place the pot on top of the fire, keep monitoring the chin chin in the pot when it turns brown you bring it down.
You will need sales canvassers to push your chin chin to your target markets. The target markets are shops, motor parks, schools, offices, super markets, open markets and street hawkers.
A bag or carton of chin chin contains 50 packs find out how much others in the production of chin chin are selling theirs then you reduce your own price so can attract more buyers.
Make sure you produce a well packaged tasty chin chin because these two are the key to a successful chin chin business. Customers prefers chin chin that are crunchy and in other to achieve this you have to watch the number of egg and quantity of milk you add to its production because they have a way of making the chin chin to be soft but you can as well do the soft type for those who prefers them all of these are market strategies.
Keep the contacts of your customers so you can always get in touch with them in other to know when they are out of stock, then you quickly supply them so that you won’t be over taken by another company.
PACKAGING OF CHIN CHIN
In other to attract more buyers to use appealing packaging materials to package your chin chin. Use thick nylon to package them in other to prevent air from entering so that it can still maintain its crunching nature before consumption.
There are other packaging materials such as transparent containers that you can use. Look for a sweet catchy name to label your container if you intend to be more professional about it.
Batter– it is a semi liquid mixture of flour, eggs, milk or water. It can also be used for coating food for frying.
Folding– it is gently and gradually adding in flour in an already mixed batter. It is more of gentle mixing technique.
Recipe– It is a set of direction with a list of ingredients for making or preparing something especially food or you call it a cookbook.
Kneading– this is to mix or work into a uniform mass as by folding, pressing and stretching with arm.
Knock back or knocking back– it is getting rid of all the excess air, produced by the yeast as it raises the dough. To lightly knead a yeast or light a dough.
Chin chin business is what doing, it is not a seasonal but all time business. To stand out in this business you have to produce tasty and crunchy chin chin in other to stay in the business.
Please give a like to our Facebook page, use the comment box for your questions and get a prompt response and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter below, just enter your name and email address. Lastly, if you enjoyed this post, why not share with it your friends by making use of the share buttons below the newsletter form!
We appreciate your support Thank you.