So many people have been faced with the challenge of what cream to use in treating rashes on their baby’s body, treat eczema on their own skin, reduce ageing, maintain smooth soft skin etc.
This was the case of a young woman who tried so many recommended creams on her baby’s body yet the rashes on the body wouldn’t go.
Out of frustration she went and mix Shea butter and honey together. The result left her with no option but to start a cream production company. Today, she is a big-time producer and supplier of Shea butter cream in Nigeria and abroad.
Most creams we use today are made from natural ingredients such as honey, coconut oil and Shea butter. But the natural states of those products have been tampered by too much chemical either used as additives or for preservation.
That is why I want to show you how to mix these natural ingredients to achieve the purpose. With these mixtures, you don’t have to look any further as to which cream will keep you and your baby’s skin glowing.
We shall be looking on this piece from the angle of making a living or business out of it. You may be wondering is it sustaining? The answer is yes in as much as babies are born every day. And there are body’s challenges such as eczema, dandruff, rashes, burns, pimples, stretch marks, acne etc. As such it is very much self-sustaining.
There is a woman I know in Gwarinpa Hospital who comes around on the days of antenatal to sell this product. Almost all the expectant mothers buy from her. She is doing well in the business and has even expanded. Now she goes around other hospitals to make supplies.
The procedure and the mixture I’m going to show in this post is both for those who want to produce for personal or home use and for sale. Why search for where to buy when you can easily mix honey and shea butter together to get the best result. It is as simple as ABC.
Shea butter, coconut oil and honey are natural ingredients that have been doing wonders to the body. You can call it body magic because it works that way in the body. These natural ingredients do not need preservative like the ones we buy in the market. They already have a natural preservative ability in their composition.
It can never expire as most creams do, so you don’t have to worry about the expiry date.
The mixture can never be harmful to the body because there is nothing like over concentration. No matter the amount used, it works accordingly.
PRODUCTION OF SHEA BUTTER, COCONUT AND HONEY CREAM
The production is going to be in two ways
METHOD 1 (melting method)
- Shea butter – 2 slab
- Oil (recommended coconut oil) 4-8 spoons
- Honey – 2-4 spoons
- Fragrance as desired
- Pour a little water in a big pot and put it on a lilted stove or gas for the water to boil. Get a smaller pot or a clean but dried container such that cannot be destroyed by the hotness of the liquid.
- Put the unrefined Shea butter into it. And place it inside the bigger pot of water on the fire. Stir the Shea butter slowly as the hot water melts it.
- As soon as the Shea butter has completely melted pour the coconut oil/honey and stir then turn off the fire
- Add the fragrance (optional) and stir, it does not add anything to the solution nor does it has any healing effect but just to give it a sweet scent. It can be any type you desired. I like lemonade because it has a natural smell.
- Package it for use or sell.
Shea butter can lose its potency if too much heat is applied. Make sure you regulate the amount of heat used. Do not keep it too long on the fire.
PACKAGING OF SHEA BUTTER, COCONUT OIL AND HONEY CREAM
Chose your unique packaging material but as a beginner, I will advise you start with all this cheap cups or plate that are sold in the market. When you are established you can then upgrade.
Place a little label on it if you so chose for identity.
Put the Shea butter in a clean bowl Add the coconut oil or any of your desired oil and start whisking (same way egg is whisked) with a stirring rod. Keep whisking until you noticed the mixture becomes very smooth and attractive. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to stir until you achieve a well blended and smooth paste. Package for use or sell.
This second method is the best method because it is done cold press. That is no heat or pressure that can kill some of the elements present in the ingredients is applied.
But the method is stressful as it takes some good amount of energy to make a paste.
Don’t allow the solution to congeal before fetching them to the containers. It won’t look fine then but while it is still in its liquid form quickly turn them into the containers.
BENEFITS OF SHEA BUTTER
- It nourishes and protects the baby’s delicate skin.
- Shea butter protects baby’s bombom from diaper after effect such as rashes and redness of the skin.
- It also moisturizes the scalp, helps in reducing and eliminating of dandruff.
- Shea butter acts as a protective layer by preventing skin dehydration, protecting it from external forces such as cold, heat or sudden weather change. By so doing prevents skin ageing.
- It is a powerful antioxidant that smoothens and restructures the body from wrinkles, scars and other skin imperfections.
- Shea butter prevents and treats stretch marks with excellent result.
For mothers who are not lactating use a little of Shea butter with warm water and massage the tip of your breast it will loosen up and milk will start flowing.
It is not advisable to use Shea butter only if you are fair in completion because it can darken your skin. Although skin differs you can mix it with turmeric since it is a lightening agent. Hence the more reason for these combinations.
Also, any oil can be used such as palm oil, kernel oil, olive oil etc
BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL/HONEY
Coconut oil contains antioxidants, antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties make it an agent for beautification.
Honey is a natural skin lightener, it also reduces the appearance of scars. Natural honey can repair skin effectively as it regenerates body parts.
It is used in natural face wash and for removing darkening in the face.
From the above, you can see that the three mixtures do the same thing. Mixing them together solidifies their performances.
WHY YOU SHOULD START SHEA BUTTER, COCONUT AND HONEY CREAM BUSINESS
- People will buy from you because the need for their use arises every day due to environmental conditions.
- The capital for the production is little and easily affordable. It depends on which level you are starting from big or small.
- The amount sold is relatively cheap for anybody to buy.
- It is practical, an adage says ‘seeing is believing’, by the time people make use of the products and it works there is no reason why you won’t keep selling.
- The profit in this business stands to be more than 100%. Once you have packaged it. The amount is as you fix and a little quantity usually produces so much in small containers.
Start by selling to family and friends their testimony will drive customers to you. Take the products to hospitals, markets, nursing homes etc advertise and sell to them.
Market them also to malls, supermarkets etc. Give out samples for test and see more patronage. Be sure to use original Shea butter, coconut oil and honey if not the business is as good as dead.
Intensify marketing strategy during harmattan because it is a cream best soothed for harmattan season. Make sure you start with smaller amount before increasing or packaging bigger contents.
You can mix in this order; shea butter and coconut oil, shea butter and honey, shea butter and black palm kernel oil etc.
Please follow us on Facebook, and Twitter. Use the comment box for your questions and get a prompt response and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter below, just enter your name and email address.
Lastly, if you enjoyed this post, why not share with it your friends by making use of the share buttons below the newsletter form! In case you want us to write on any other topic, please let us know in the comments section or contact us.
We appreciate your support Thank you.