Rich bread is just the same like any other common bread example Agege bread. Most people prepare it as a homemade bread only for family use. But quite recently some people have seen the opportunity of converting homemade bread to a commercial bread. And there are only very few competitors in this line of business. For instance in Akwa Ibom State, Uyo precisely we have only but two persons producing rich bread for sales. The first person started a long time before the second person came on board. When I say rich bread I’m taking about small chop bread that looks like cake.
Most bread bakers bake big sizes of bread that cost from #350 and above while rich bread goes for #50. Whereas people are looking for snacks that is filling with little amount.. Doughnut, puff puff, and bread are all made with yeast and they are all fillers. After eating any you will not want to eat anything again for a long time.
If bread business is profitable then rich bread business is more profitable because very few people are producing for sale. The way you produce your own will draw customers to you. Monef the most popular rich bread in Uyo was the first to hit the market, their bread is hard and crunchy. And many people like l it because of the crunchy nature.
The second person that started production made his own soft. Guess what! Many people prefer Monef bread not because it was the first to start but because of the bread crustiness.. The good thing about rich bread business is that you can start from a very small-scale. Your not having oven is not an excuse. You can use a pot to bake your bread. Find out how to do so from chin chin business.
HOW TO MAKE RICH BREAD
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Baking pan or tray
- Flat surface (wooden board)
- Kitchen Knife Napkin
- Flour 8cups
- Egg 4
- Margarine 170g
- Active yeast 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 170g
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Milk. 1 &1/2 cup
- Water ½ cup (lukewarm water)
- Weigh and measure your ingredients correctly
- Take a small bowl mix the water, yeast and sugar together, leave for a short while until it starts to froth. This will, help you to know to know if your yeast is active
- Sieve flour
- Add all dry ingredients to the flour
- Share into two
- And water and milk to one of half of the flour little by little
- Add the margarine (melted).
- Turn the mixture with a wooden spoon,
- Add the yeast, sugar, water mixture.
- Turn with your wooden spacula
- Add the milk and knead well
- Add the remaining half of the flour and knead.
- Work with your hands until, it forms a dough.
- Turn the dough on a flat surface lightly smeared with flour and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Put the dough into a bowl smeared with flour and cover with a clean napkin.
- Keep it to rise for about 15 minutes – 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Bring it out and Place on the flat surface already smeared with flour
- knead lightly to remove the air.
- Cut and roll into your desired shaped and size.
- Place the cut dough in a pan or tray and allow to rise again for about 15 minutes before baking.
- Crack an egg into a bowl and add a teaspoon of cold water and brush each cut dough with the egg to give your bread a nice brown crust or you rub margarine all over the dough. It works the same way.
- Bake in a preheated oven of medium heat for about 30 minutes or until light brown.
Enjoy your bread with a cup of beverage of your choice
Some people don’t add egg to bread preparation but it is good to add egg. Because it gives the bread good texture and taste (the bread tastes like cake) Don’t add too much flour while kneading or over bake the bread Kneading the dough little a longer will make the bread smoother When you allow the dough to rise very well it will make the bread to be soft Not using adequate measurement of yeast will make the bread to be heavy
WHY YOU SHOULD START RICH BREAD BUSINESS
- It is profitable
- This size of bread is more preferable
- You can start it from your home
- There are not many competitors
- Items for preparation can be sourced locally
- You can start with little amount
Sell to provision stores, super market, market traders, schools etc. Once people knows your product, they will be the ones coming to you. Like the monef I mentioned people cue up as early as 5am to buy. One woman told me when she got there around 7am she was number 150 something. The sale in such a way that sellers make good money. If you buy #1,000 you gain #250. After making themselves known they change the system. People don’t make such wild gains again but because the bread is irresistible they keep selling in volume.
Having learnt how to prepare homemade bread you can bake it for your family or prepare it for sale. Whichever case it is economically ideal.