Barbing saloon business is good when done intelligently. Have you ever taken stock of the number of people who goes in to barb hair every day? I know of a guy who barbs his hair every 2 days, lets say 3 days in a week, this is exceptionally so for people who wants to maintain afro style of hair cut. These days women are competing with men, the number of women that are carrying low cut are on the increase every day. The way you present your barbing saloon is what will attract good customers to you or the other way round. There is an adage that says; the way you dress is the way you would be addressed, the same is applicable to barbing saloon business . Meaning if you present your place shabbily you will also receive customers in that other and how many people would want to patronize such a place. But if you deck the place up I tell you more people would be willing to patronize you. In this post I will be showing you how to go about this business in order to record huge success.
WHAT YOU NEED TO START A BARBING SALOON BUSINESS
- Learn how to barb or employ a correct stylist
- Rent a shop
- Stock your shop (Make your shop beautiful)
3 IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE STARTING BARBING SALOON BUSINESS:
1. LOCATIONThis is very important in the sense that if you set a barbing saloon in a less populated area you don’t have to expect much. You may get frustrated and eventually close down. In the same light, if you open your saloon in a highly populated area, you will grow and even expand in the business. This is because of a large turn over results in a viable and well profitable business.
2. PACKAGINGThese days of sophistication, the packaging is what distinguishes businesses. Tush up your shop the best way you can. Choose a nice and easy pronounceable name. Do something unique from what others are doing. Always put a smile on your face as much as you can. Be abreast with what is going on in the society in terms of politics, social media vibes and general happenings so that you can contribute or say something whenever your client has something to say in that line.
3. QUALITY SERVICEMake sure you are up to date with what is trending in the barbing world. Train and keep training yourself so that you can deliver premium. When you make quality your watchword you will receive increase patronage because those you work for will come again and may also refer others to you
THINGS NEEDED FOR SALOON BUSINESS ARE:
- Clippers, buy original ones either new or tokunbo 2 (preferable wahl)
- chairs 2
- mirrors 2
- waiting chairs (4) or a long bench
- Hair products; hair cream, hair spray, dyes, relaxers, conditioners, sterilizer kits, alcohol, spirit, powder aftershave etc.
- Tools; screw drivers, pliers, combs, brushes, etc
- DVD and speakers, radio
- Jerri cane
- Cover cloth
- Furniture; work sit, table, cupboard
- pictures or catalogue,
- wall clock In some places, you will be asked to pay association fees
FOR BIG SHOPS
- Cable, fridges,
- TV, air conditioning,
- washing bowls,
- rotating chairs etc. You can cut down expenses by sharing a shop with a female hairdresser.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD DO THIS BUSINESS
- It is profitable, I like saying this first because this is one or the main reason why people venture into any business. Nobody will want to go into a business that is not profiting. Barbing saloon business provides everyday money. Meaning you make money every passing day.
- Barbing saloon business is yet to be crowded, it is only very few persons that are into the business. They established it and hand it over to paid workers to manage the place. Another reason is that it is often looked down upon and as such relegated to the background after being tagged as dirty. Well, most dirty jobs are the ones that actually mint out money.
- It is a business that can be started with a little amount of money. With less than #200,000 someone can start barbing saloon business.