Tiger nut flour is the flour gotten after processing dry tiger nuts. They are sometimes processed for different uses. Some entrepreneurs process tiger nut seeds to powder for business. Others process to store for after use. Tiger nut is gluten free, good for Paleo, contains natural sugar, healthy fats and contain a high level of resistant starch as such are keto friendly.
In another post I wrote elaborately on tiger nuts benefits, their benefits are very many and awesome you will love it. Tiger nut can be taken as snacks and there are variety of the nuts that are good for that. It can be processed to milk, paste and flour. Tiger nut flour can be used for tiger nut milk, drink, fufu, cookies, baking etc.
Tiger nut flour in Nigeria
Ghana tiger nut flour can be seen in some major markets. We are encouraging entrepreneurs to take advantage of the opportunities that are in tiger nut production industry and produce tiger nut flour in Nigeria that will serve both the local and international markets.
For your tiger nut powder call 080 35965405. #1500 for 500g
How to process tiger nut flour
- Tiger nut
- Blender or industrial grinding machine
- Turn the tiger nuts into a tray and select stones, sticks and remove dirt. You must be very careful here because some tiger nuts bag contain stones that look exactly like tiger nut. Any mistake can spoil the value of the tiger nut flour.
- Wash them very well, change the water many times until it is clean then remove the nuts and dry them in the dryer or under sun.
- Grind them with a blender but for commercial purpose using blender is not advisable because it will not only consume much time but might spoilt the blender for you.
- For commercial, use big grinding machine, the type used in grinding corn, millets etc. to grind the tiger nuts to powder.Spread the powder to cool before packaging.
- You can sieve the powder before packaging to remove lumps or particles.
- Package for sale or use
Note: you can roast the tiger nuts before grinding them. The colour will become dark brown flour.
Uses of Tiger Nut Powder
- For tiger nut milk (kunun aya)
- Pour the tiger nut powder inside a bowl and add water.
- Stir the mixture together thoroughly. Use water as desired whether you want the milk to be thick or light.
- Use sieve to separate the milk from the chaff.
- You can add honey or any other sweetener such as dates to the milk.
- Put the drink inside refrigerator to get cold, drink as desired.
Tiger nut chaff
Tiger nut chaff can be used for fufu or on smoothie. It is not advisable to throw them away as they are still beneficial to the body. The tiger nut chaff contains fiber which is good for consumption.
This will be very useful for the elderly and those with certain health conditions that is very challenging such as, people with low libido, infertility etc.
Add tiger nut powder to your babies food it can serve as alternative to dairy food.
How to Make Tiger Nut Fufu
To make tiger nut fufu, make a paste from your tiger nut flour. Pour a small quantity of water into your pot allow to boil. Add a small quantity of oats, semo or any other flour good for swallow. When it is almost done add the tiger nut chaff paste and mix with the oats while still on fire. Allow for few minutes then bring down.
Tiger nut flour is keto friendly
Tiger nut flour is keto friendly because it contains antioxidant which is very good for diabetic patients.
Importance of the Nut
- Improve digestion
- Reduce blood sugar
- boost immune system
Tiger nut flour already has a ready market but the flour is in ahort supply. Rather, sellers tend to export to UK, America and other countries of the world leaving a gap for the local markets.
Tiger nut flour is good for general health. You can add it to your food or serve as drink.
Call 08035965405 #1,500 for 500g
follow us on Facebook , Instagram and subscribe to our youtube channel. Use the comment box for your questions and get a prompt response and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter below, just enter your name and email address.
Lastly, if you enjoyed this post, why not share with it your friends by making use of the share buttons below the newsletter form! In case you want us to write on any other topic, please let us know in the comments section or contact us.
We appreciate your support Thank you